West Berkshire Council

Licences: Animals


EC Feed Hygiene Regulation requires feed business operators to notify the relevant enforcement authority of any establishment that is under their control and active in any stage of production, processing, storage, transport or distribution of feed
Premises boarding cats and dogs (catteries and kennels) require a licence from the Council.
A person requires a licence from the council if they keep a 'dangerous wild animal', as specified in the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976
Pet shops and any other businesses offering pets for sale require a licence from the Council.
Anyone keeping horses to be let out on hire for riding or keeping horses to be used in providing instruction in riding in return for payment needs to apply for a licence.
If you intend to operate a business of breeding dogs with a view to selling them, you may need a licence.