West Berkshire Council

Licences: Business


All food businesses which operate in the West Berkshire and Wokingham areas must register with Environmental Health
Persons or organisations collecting money or selling articles for the benefit of charitable purposes in any street or public place must have a permit from the Council.
A Street Trading Consent is required for all street trading activities such as hot food vehicles, ice cream vans and flower stalls.
In order for a child of compulsory school age to be legally engaged in any part-time work they must be issued with a work permit.
A person carrying on acupuncture, tattooing, ear-piercing, or electrolysis must be registered with the Council
All businesses that fall under the new definition of a 'scrap metal dealer' must have a licence from the Council to operate.
A licence is required from the Council for any house to house (or other premises) collections of cash, clothing or bric-a-brac.
A licence is required to ensure the business complies with heath and safety laws.

Who To Contact

Contact details for West Berkshire's Licensing team

01635 519184